Though I am a full-time music educator during the school year, I enjoy pursuing other passions, hobbies, and creative endeavors. Below are services I am happy to provide in the Hattiesburg, MS area or via the wonderful world wide web!
Private Music Lessons
I have been teaching private lessons to students of all ages for 10 years. Private lessons allow for more focused instruction geared toward the individual student’s needs and interests. I am able to teach the following areas and levels:
- Guitar (Beginning to advanced)
- Double Bass (Classical only) (Beginning to advanced)
- Piano (Beginning to intermediate)
- Violin, Viola, Cello (Beginning to intermediate)
- Voice (Beginning to advanced)
For more information on private lessons, click here.
In addition to my own blog, I love writing for other publications. Here are some topics and services I offer:
- Music Education – My expertise is in high school choir, but I love sharing my teaching experiences and starting conversation with other educators! Specific areas of interest are student leadership, chamber ensembles, and technology.
- Reviews – I am happy to review a performance, product, or book either on my own site or for another publication. Performance reviews will be prepared within 3 days of the event, and product and book reviews will be prepared within 2 weeks. Please contact me for specific guidelines.
- Songwriting/Composition – While I enjoy writing my own music, I love collaborating with other musicians or providing a medium to tell someone else’s story. Each prospective project begins with a coffee meeting, discussing the goals and vision for the project. If it sounds like a good fit, further negotiations and guidelines will be discussed! I love being a part of creative projects, and am happy to help in any way possible!
- Other topics – Christianity, Social Media, Technology, Productivity.
If you are interested in my writing please use this writing inquiry questionnaire to start the conversation. I look forward to hearing from you!
I am a classical double bassist by degree, and if I am being completely honest, I don’t get to play as much as I would like! Please feel free to contact me if you are in the Hattiesburg area and in need of a bassist, or musician in general!
Subscribe to receive my monthly newsletter!
By subscribing, you'll receive a FREE Zero Tolerance Policy template to use and modify for your own classroom, ensemble, or organization!